Monday, June 04, 2007

From the Site Meter Files

I am fascinated by the "Site Meter" and the people who visit this site and for what. Unfortunately I haven't given people much reason to visit lately (lest they be interested in the archives), but one "recent" post has drawn a lot of traffic.

The picture I used of Carlos Santana has drawn more than a hundred hits from all over the world. "Woodstock 1969" or some variant thereof, turns out to be quite a popular search. Most people are Google Image searching, as I was when I found this shot.

Actually I just punched in Woodstock 1969 into Google image to see where I was placing in the search and came out #20 out of 48,900. This image came from another source (although specifically, I was looking for "Santana Woodstock") and now I've jumped ahead of that original shot and into a first page finish on Google Image. That's just crazy. (The Hendrix picture featured here finished 4th).

Only five of the last 20 visits from Winnipeg. There have been seven from the U.S., two unknowns, one more each from Canada, Germany, Mexico, Spain, France and Australia. Damn, I gotta get some Google-vertising up!

No comments: