Monday, January 16, 2006

Correspondences with my bank manager (post script)

This is what my bank manager had to say to my last letter (posted Jan. 10). I'm not sure if the fact that I sent a complete copy of our correspondence to the office of the Bank President lit a fire under his butt, or if he genuinely agreed with my comments. In any case, I got my way.

Dear Mr. _______:

Thank you for your response and more importantly, a second opportunity to
alleviate the irritation this matter has caused you. I apologize for the
lack of formality in my first response and hopefully can assuage the
disappointment it has brought you.

It is difficult to trace a disbursement beyond the electronic data capture
of a transaction at an off site ATM machine. The actual ATM transaction
register may have to be reviewed in this instance. Considering the
difficulty retrieving this from a third party and more importantly, our
initial offhandedness, please accept our apology and gesture of goodwill
in reimbursing your account the $20.

I would welcome an opportunity to meet with you on any of your banking
reqirements or just to introduce myself more formally. During your next
branch visit, please drop in to say hello or call me direct at 985-3290.

Sincerely,
______ _______, Manager

1 comment:

D. Sky Onosson said...

Congrats, and happy birthday!