Thursday, April 27, 2006

Ryan: 1, MPI: nil


MPI has been bragging in the media about how they are giving motorists a rebate because they made so much extra money last year. This week I learned that I cost the beneficent corporation $200, and I couldn’t be happier about it.

If you are a follower of this blog you’ll know that I have been through all the bureaucratic bull-crap that MPI could throw at me to get a $200 levy removed from my licence. Judging by their rebate I was right in assuming that they had too much money, and did not need mine. But my point was not only to get back MY money, but to see if I could challenge their policy on behalf of all people who’s circumstances are similar to mine (although that probably amounts to less than two dozen people in the whole province.)

I am aware of the number of false claims MPI receives, but it was wrong for MPI to assume my guilt, and it was wrong for them to want to indiscriminately punish me for my accident. I am glad for the opportunity to right the wrong, and you can be certain I will be informing the Minister for MPI, the President and the Ombudsman of my findings.

2 comments:

D. Sky Onosson said...

Congratulations! Don't not spend it all in one place!

Ryan K said...

Thanks buddy, glad to have you back!