Sunday, April 30, 2006

Random Journal Entry

This page comes from Volume 7: The Inner Workings. The page after it mentions Horoscope Nov. 97, a lucky coincidence since the rest of this book is undated. The originals were written in red and blue, which is why I use them here.

Sweet new fantasy
accompanies winter’s embrace
a young wayward princess
that’s taken my place
who slept in my room
when I wasn’t there
who sat in my den
at the top of the stairs
All day she was with me
I knew not from where
I kept on remembering
the smell of her hair
At last I recalled
she had borrowed my hat
but still I’m not sure
if it was totally that


Trodding again a beaten winter routine
marijuana, cigarettes and listlessness
my body grows stiff
mind yearning yet cramped
into the 30” box of nothingness
how to forestall this hibernation
sleep and empty calories
soothing mindless distraction
ah to die inside again
after a brief bath
of sunlight
back to the cave of sorrows

1 comment:

J C said...

many of my memories are smell related. I often smell people as they walk by. am I a dog? :)

excellent po-em! ever thought of joinging the ALfA blog?