Thursday, June 29, 2006

The Times Change(d) Lives!


I wanted to share this e-mail I got today from John Scoles, President and Janitor of the Times Change(d) High and Lonesome Club. The building that the Times is located in was being considered for the wrecking-ball not too long ago, but it appears from Johnny's update that its historical significance has trumped the developer's desire to erect another cookie-cutter eatery.

Attention: Winnipeg, United States, and Mexico!!!

We Gotta Lotta Livin' To Do. We Shall Do It Together...


I don't know why Mark Fortune was born, and I don't know why he was such a remarkable human being, but I do know that his contribution to the universe is an exceptional one. If I can be half the ghost he is, my work on this planet will be good...

That damnably lurking star-crossed deal to take the Fortune Block away from us is yet again no more! Those who would conspire to replace us with a pseudo-Earl's have failed, and we live again to love each other another day. Come on down tomorrow night (today, Thursday, as you're reading this), and check out Canada's answer to Buck Owens, Mr. Scotty Campbell and his Wardenaires, and I'll happily explain it all to you...

WJS
J/P
TCH&LC
234M, WC

"You're all wool and a yard wide, dammit..." - Harrison Driscoll (good person who repeatedly dances on nothing and still gets the cosmic badge of honor pinned on him anyway.)

No comments: