Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Wherefore The Anger


You are a bunch of slaves
technophiles who can't stop
looking at your phones long enough
to see the spell you are under

I am burning with anger
for no particular reason at all
except that there must be very good reasons
that I am not fully aware of

After all why should your blindness
fill me with rage?
it is not really my problem
that you are misleading yourselves

If you want to chase your tails
like a bunch of kittens
while the world crumbles around you
what is it to me?

Maybe it's the Irish in me
my Papa too was a very angry man
I thank god though
that I am not drunk and violent like him

When I get pissed off
I swear like a sailor
and deny myself the pleasures of life
sometimes I write it down

What I don't do is go to the mall
and drown my sorrows
in some gadget that can scratch my ass
while playing Nina Simone

What I don't do is plan to bomb buildings
or commit some petty act of vandalism
I get no pleasure out of sharing my misery
although it is important to let it vent

Yes I am an angry person sometimes
but I hope that I will come to terms
with what it is that has upset me so
because I see myself as being better for it

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wherefore The Anger? Who the hell cares. Get over it. Take that confessional to church you pansy. Reading that canto just pissed me off.
<*+:=?>

Ryan K said...

I'd be offended, but since you can't even bother to use your real name, it's not worth my time.