Thursday, April 26, 2007

Would You Trust This Face?

I got a call from Passport Canada the yesterday questioning the authority of my Driver's License Photo. To be fair, I can see how my dark hair and beard may look somewhat jihadish but it's a government issued document for god sakes. Earlier in the day they called my guarantor with what I assume was a similar line of questioning. The word of this mostly respected and almost entirely moral character (who will occasionally partake in highly immoral activities such as high-speed boat jousting during our annual fishing trip) was obviously not authoritative enough for Passport Canada, and so they had to call me and ask me if I had ever dared cover such a handsome face with an unruly beard.

"Yes," I told them, "there was a time when I was convinced that I wanted a hippie chick, and only a hippie chick. So I grew my beard and bathed a little less than was my previous custom. However realizing my folly (and the fact that I like women who smell good) I eventually shaved it off and have been far happier (and luckier) since." This answer seemed wholly satisfactory to the inquisitor and she promised I'd have my Passport in a few weeks. Grand Forks here I come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol @ grandforks