Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I don't take kindly to threats

To: Colleen
Patient Accounts, St. Bonifice Hospital

Hello Colleen,

Here is the documentation you requested. I would like for you to understand that I am doing my best to get you this information and that any delays are not due to malice or unwillingness to resolve this issue. The fact is that I have very little experience in handling the financial affairs of others and have been, until last February, completely estranged from my father for almost a decade (and therefore entirely ignorant of his circumstances). Please consider these points next time you feel it necessary to threaten me with collection agents. Intimidation, however veiled, is not required and if anything will erode my cooperative mood. I am handling these affairs out of the goodness of my heart, and I hope to accomplish them with honour. I am not holding out on you or lying to you in any way. I understand that a person in your position feels it necessary to suspend trust and to play hardball with tough cases from time to time, but in our dealings acting in this way is unnecessary and counterproductive. As frustrated as you may be in closing this account consider how frustrating it is for me to have to take on this burden with very little in the way of guidance or support and absolutely no gratitude or compensation. In our future dealings I would request that you view me as someone who is equally interested in completing this business to everyone’s satisfaction, not as some delinquent debtor in need of a shove.

Thank you and Happy Holidays,

Ryan Kinrade

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow