Sunday, December 03, 2006

A Vicious Rebuke

Well, maybe not vicious, but that's a good title, non? It's been a bit since my last post so I need to "bring some zing" with a tantalizing headline. However the real meat of this post can be found by clicking this link. Sorry for keeping you hanging, dear Disclaimians, hope this nerdy little cyber-encounter is to your liking.

(BACKGROUND: Macintosh Garden is a web site where people upload old Mac games from the eighties and nineties. A person needs an old Mac, a newer Mac with Classic, or an emulator to play the games. I urge you to look up the Brownie camera here if you are unsure as to it's origins, because it was a phenomenon of popular technology in its time.)

4 comments:

D. Sky Onosson said...

I like how your comment is the latest in a series of four ... spanning five years!

Spoken as a fan of the even more ancient Commodore 64, and someone who also used the original Mac and its predecessor, the Lisa waaaaaaaaay back in the 70s!

Ryan K said...

Um, yes. Not exactly a thriving community over there at Mac Garden. Guess the thrill of playing old vids, especially of the Macintosh variety is lost on most.

Speaking of old vids, I just bought NHL '95 at Value Village for $4. I borrowed my little cousin's Sega Genesis (since he's got about a half-dozen other game consoles.) As an impoverished 20-something I never had any video games so this is pretty exciting for me. See you in March!

D. Sky Onosson said...

Digging in for the long haul, eh?

I sincerely wish I had never sold my C=64 and vast collection of disks for the measly sum of $100 back in junior high...

M.U.L.E., Summer and Winter Games, Outrun. Oh, the memories!

Ryan K said...

Dude, all you need is a good emulator, a CD of bird noise, and an Iron Maiden poster or two and you can be whisked back to your little bedroom in that duplex on Brownell ;-)